Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The aural effect of the prestige of the Supreme Court

(Photo courtesy of: http://article.wn.com)
I've toured the Supreme Court awhile ago (February 15, 2012) and I felt astonished by the atmosphere of the EN BANC court. I've felt the prestige of being a Supreme Court Justice, let alone being THE Chief Justice.

While sitting there, I've felt the gravity of the responsibilities that encumber these justices; then I thought to myself, I pray that all the dark clouds that hover upon the court of last resort be cleared as soon as possible because there our country really is in need of a true COURT OF JUSTICE.

I may have not been able to religiously watch the trials of our incumbent Chief Justice but I will never lose hope in my country. I will continue to put to mind that one day, justice will be put back in its rightful place and our respect to the highest court of the land will be as high, or hopefully higher, than its name suggests.

I may not be a soldier. I may not be a policeman. I may not be a volunteer. I may not even become a lawyer but I know that in my heart, I have a pure desire to somehow, serve my country and give back what it has done for me.

As an average Filipino, it might not be enough to have the "will to serve your country" but it is a start which I hope will spark in the heart of every Filipino especially those who are given the authority to lead our nation.

And in the words of John F. Kennedy, "Ask not what your country can do for you - ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY."

No comments:

Post a Comment